- MultiLoad does not support loads into target tables having USIs. Many partitioned tables have USIs.
An alternative is to FastLoad rows into an unpopulated staging table, then use either INSERT … SELECT or MERGE with error logging to move the rows into the target table. See CREATE ERROR TABLE and Teradata Vantage™ SQL Data Manipulation Language , B035-1146 for details.
You cannot use FastLoad to load rows into a column-partitioned table.
- MultiLoad IMPORT tasks require you to supply all values of the primary index column set and all values of the partitioning column set for deletes and updates.
- MultiLoad IMPORT tasks do not support updates of the partitioning column set.
- MultiLoad IMPORT tasks do not support primary index updates.
- FastLoad does not support loads into target tables having either USIs or NUSIs.
- FastLoad does not support loads into primary-indexed normalized target tables when a primary index column is also part of the ignore list for the NORMALIZE specification.
- MultiLoad and FastLoad do not support loading into target tables that are defined with either hash or join indexes.
- You should specify values for the partitioning column set when performing Teradata Parallel Data Pump deletes and updates to avoid lock contention problems that can degrade performance. For more information, see Teradata® Parallel Data Pump Reference, B035-3021.
- You should avoid updating primary index and partitioning columns with Teradata Parallel Data Pump to minimize performance degradation. For more information, see Teradata® Parallel Data Pump Reference, B035-3021.
Load utilities are supported on partitioned tables with the following restrictions and advisories.