|Error When Overwriting Existing Objects
||The overwrite option indicates if tables existing on the target are to be overwritten. If the value of the overwrite_existing_objects parameter is false and the table exists on the target, an error message is generated at job creation time: Table XX exists on the target. Change the OverwriteExistingOjbects property to true and try again.
||If you are creating a new job and get the error message, change the value of the overwrite_existing_objects element to true in create.xml or the overwrite_existing_objects parameter of the create command.You cannot change the option for a job that is already created, therefore create a new job if necessary. If the job was created with the overwrite option specified as false and the table existed on target, but the table was dropped on the target between job creation and run time, the table is not created on the target at job run time.
|No Data Mover Agents
||If you receive the following error on the command line: Daemon cannot find any agents. Must have at least 1 agent to run a job.
||Run /etc/init.d/dmagent status to determine if any Data Mover Agents are currently online. If no Data Mover Agents are online, go to the Teradata server where the Data Mover Agent is installed and do the following:
- Run /etc/init.d/dmagent status to determine if the Data Mover Agent is active.
- If Data Mover Agent is not active, run /etc/init.d/dmagent to start it.
|Tables Not Copied to Target System
||If tables are listed in the input XML file, but are not copied to the target Teradata Database system.
||You can try any of the following processes to determine the reason:
- Run the status command with output_level of 4 to view the reason for the failure.
- Configure the daemon to send events to Teradata Ecosystem Manager and rerun the job, then review the TMSMEVENT metadata table.
- In the create XML file, set the value of the log_level element to 99, then create and start the job. Run the status command with output_level of 4 to view the reason for the failure.
- Verify that at least one agent is running by using the list_agents command to list all available agents.
- Review the dmDaemon.log file at /var/opt/teradata/datamover/logs.
- Review the dmAgent.log file at /var/opt/teradata/datamover/logs.
- Restart all Teradata® Data Mover services, then run the failed job again. To restart the Teradata® Data Mover ActiveMQ service, change directory to /etc/init.d, then run the following commands:
To restart the daemon service, change directory to /etc/init.d, then type the following at the command-line:
To restart the agent service, change directory to /etc/init.d, then type the following at the command-line: