- On the active repository server, go to cd /var/opt/teradata/postgres/data to change the Postgres configuration.
- In postgres.conf, change wal_level to wal_level = logical.
- Restart the active repository:/etc/init.d/postgresql stop/etc/init.d/postgresql start
- On the active server , edit the sync.properties file and set the sync.isMaster property to true.
- On the standby server, edit the sync.properties file and set the sync.isMaster property to false.
- On the active server, set the dm.pg.jobstore.production.host property in the sync.properties file as the hostname for the active server.Use a name other than localhost as the host name.
- On the active server, configure the sync service:/opt/teradata/datamover/sync/nn.nn/dmsync configWhere nn.nn in the path refers to the version numbers of Data Mover.
- When prompted, select the following option:
Set up a new replication service between this active repository and one or more standby repositories
- Respond to the following prompts:
Enter remote standby host name Enter the standby server name. Enter the database super user postgres password on standby repository Enter the Postgres user password on the standby server. Replication service set up requires that the active and standby repositories are in sync before configuring. Do you need to back up the active repository to the standby repository? [y or n]
- Enter Y if standby repository has not yet been synchronized.
- Enter N if standby repository has already been synchronized.
Do you need to set up replication for another standby repository? [y or n]:
- Enter Y if more than one standby server needs to connect to this active server.
- Enter N if only one standby is needed.