You can configure ID pools for Teradata Database source and target systems to allow job changes at a global level. Each pool has a unique name and defines one or more users for each system. When creating a job, you specify the ID pool by name; Data Mover examines the pool for the source and target system names and user profiles, and randomly picks an available user for that job.
In addition to being able to pick from a pool of users for the specified systems, ID pools enable you to change passwords in one place for all users specified in the pool.
Changing ID pool definitions can affect previously configured jobs.
- In the Daemons column, click the name of the daemon you want to configure.
- In the Daemon Setup column, click ID Pools.
- In the ID Pools column, click to add an ID pool.
- Enter an ID Pool Name.
- Click Add System Credentials.
- Select the System from the list.
- Enter the Username and Password.
- [Optional] Click Test to verify that the login settings are correct.If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the login credentials are valid and the host can be reached.
- Select OK.
- [Optional] Click to add an additional system.
- [Optional] Click to remove a system.
- [Optional] Click Edit to change a selected system or its associated credentials.
- Click Apply.