The Teradata Database Data Dictionary has tables and views that reside in the system user DBC. The tables are reserved for use by the system and contain information about the data in the system. The views provide access to the information in the tables. Data Dictionary has the following table views available, depending on the version of the Teradata Database in use:
- Base or V Version: better performance
- X or VX Version: increased security, reduced performance
The table below lists which versions of the view Data Mover uses, depending on your configuration settings and Teradata Database version. Depending on the version of Teradata Database in use, the following is true:
- When all four views are available and the databaseQueryService.useBaseViewsOnly configuration setting is true (default), the Base or V Version of the view is used.
- When all four views are available and the databaseQueryService.useBaseViewsOnly configuration setting is false, the X or VX Version of the view is used.
|Data Dictionary View Name||Version of DBC View Used with databaseQueryService.useBaseViewsOnly Setting||Source or Target|
|DBC.Columns||V||VX||Source and Target|
|DBC.Databases||V||VX||Source and Target|
|DBC.DiskSpace||Base or V||Base or V||Source and Target|
|DBC.Indices||V||VX||Source and Target|
|DBC.JoinIndices||V||V||Source and Target|
|DBC.Maps||V||VX||Source and Target|
|DBC.Tables||V||VX||Source and Target|
|DBC.TableSize||V||VX||Source and Target|
|DBC.Triggers||V||VX||Source and Target|
|DBC.RI_Distinct_Children||V||VX||Source and Target|
|DBC.RI_Distinct_Parents||V||VX||Source and Target|
- Users that run commands and jobs in Data Mover must have SELECT permissions on the views listed in the table for Data Mover to function properly.
- Data Mover uses the HELP VIEW DBC.Columns output to determine which columns to query for the DBC Columns View.