Data Mover supports the QueryGrid T2T utility. In order to use the QueryGrid T2T utility, both the source and target system must have the same QueryGrid version installed and meet the following minimum version requirements:
|QueryGrid||Teradata Database||Data Mover|
- Follow the instructions in Teradata® QueryGrid™ Installation and User Guide, B035-5991 to configure QueryGrid.
- Configure the proxy user and physical user on the target system to run T2T tasks, using the same physical user on the source system.
- Connect the physical user to the proxy user on the target system.
- Create a foreign server on the source system, ensuring that the source user has insert and select permissions on the foreign server.
- Grant source user permissions on either dbc.serverinfoV or dbc.serverInfoVX – depending on your system view.
- [Optional] Group pool is available with the T2T utility provided that all users are configured properly on both source and target systems. If you need to configure a group pool, follow these steps:
- Create a list of the same physical users on both the source and target systems.Create one proxy user on the target system and connect the physical user to the proxy user on the target system
- Grant the physical users insert and select permissions to the foreign server on source system.
- Grant the physical users permissions on dbc.serverinfoV or dbc.serverInfoVX on source system.
- Add the source users to a group pool in the source system. The same set of users created on the target system do not necessarily need to be added to the group pool on target system.
- Create a list of the same physical users on both the source and target systems.
- Define a job using T2T as a force_utility using the use_foreign_server tag in the job definition. See Creating a Job Using the T2T Utility for more information.Note: If a force_utility is not specified, but a valid foreign server is, Data Mover automatically selects T2T to move the data. T2T is not selected if the job consists of entire databases being copied or the tables contain T2T data restrictions.