Each CONSTRAINT object defines a set of row level security constraints, including:
- A security label category and the range of values (levels or compartments) for the category.
- Specification of up to four UDFs, INSERT, SELECT, UPDATE and DELETE, which define and enforce the security constraints.
You can apply the security constraints in a CONSTRAINT object to the following:
- User by specifying the CONSTRAINT object in the following:
- CREATE USER or MODIFY USER statement
- CREATE PROFILE or MODIFY PROFILE statement, and then assigning the profile to the user
- Table by defining a constraint column that is named for the CONSTRAINT object in a CREATE TABLE or ALTER TABLE statement.