The primary function of Teradata Vantage security is to authenticate and authorize Vantage users. You must select, and where required configure, the authentication and authorization options for your system, as follows:
- Evaluate authentication and authorization options and devise a strategy. See:
- Enable external authentication, if required. See:
- If you decide to use Kerberos authentication (KRB5 or SPNEGO mechanism), complete the required setup. See Working with Kerberos Authentication.
- If you decide to use the JSON Web Token (JWT) authentication mechanism, complete the required setup. See Configuring Single Sign-On.
- If you decide to authenticate and/or authorize users in an LDAPv3-compliant directory, see the topics beginning with Directory Management of Database Users, and follow the setup instructions for the options you choose to implement.
- Understand logon format requirements associated with various authentication and authorization methods. See Logging on to Teradata Vantage.
For information about authentication options for mainframe-based users, see Using External Authentication from Mainframe Clients.