- Each BEGIN LOGGING statement creates a logging rule, in the form of an entry in the DBC.AccLogRule table.
- Each time a user request matches one of the logging rules found in the DBC.AccLogRuleTbl, the macro creates an entry in the DBC.AccLogTbl.
BEGIN LOGGING ON [ frequency ] [ operation ] BY username ON object_name ;
- Frequency with which logging of an event takes place during a session: FIRST, LAST, FIRST AND LAST, or EACH.
- Action or list of actions which, if present in a user request, triggers logging.
- Name of the user (or users) for which the system logs requests.
Absence of the BY user_name option specifies all users (those already defined to the system as well as any defined in the future while this logging directive is in effect).
- Name of a database object which, if present in a user request, triggers logging.
For a detailed description of BEGIN LOGGING syntax and options, see Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Data Definition Language Syntax and Examples, B035-1144.