Teradata Vantage provides the ability to configure the following security policy options:
- Restrict users to logging on with specific authentication mechanisms.
- Enforce the use of, and the strength of encryption algorithms for:
- Integrity, the checksum used to prevent loss or change of data during transmission
- Confidentiality (message encryption with a checksum)
- Assign integrity and confidentiality policy by:
- User (Vantage user or directory principal)
- IP address
- Configure and assign options policies, by user, profile or IP address.
You can also configure a policy to allow or deny logons by IP address. For details about IP logon restriction, see Restricting Logons by IP Address.