- DSC, DSAPostAMQ, ClientHandler, BARCmdline, and BARPortlets must be on the same version.
- If this is an upgrade you must follow the procedure in Backing Up DSC Repository and Configuration Before Upgrading before preceding.
Install the DSC package on the server you want to be the DSC server. The DSC server must be running SLES 11 SP3.
You cannot change the installation directory. The software is installed here:
- If this is an upgrade, follow these steps first:
- Back up the DSC repository.
- Verify the existing DSC server is accessible in the BAR Setup portlet. See Enabling or Adding a DSC Server.
- On the DSC server, extract the script rpm file:tar zxvf DSC_slesxx_arch.xx.xx.xx.xx-######.tar.gz
where slesxx is the OS, arch is the architecture, xx.xx.xx.xx is the version number, and ###### is a unique numberA directory with the format DSC.xx.xx.xx.xx is extracted in the current working directory.
- Change to the DSC.xx.xx.xx.xx directory.
- Run the installation script../dscinstall.sh -r DSC-xx.xx.xx.xx-######.arch.rpm
- Enter values for the DSC component. If you are doing an upgrade, the previous settings are displayed and can be changed.
DSC Prompts Description and Default Values Landing Zone Filepath to temporary location for DSC backup before replication to storage.
Port for the DSARest web service Port number for the DSAREST web service. Default: 9090 Scheme for the DSARest web service Scheme for the DSAREST web service, http or https. Default: https Keystore password for the DSARest web service Prompt appears if REST is set to https.
Keystore password for DSARest web service. Must be at least 6 characters. If using SSL for ActiveMQ Connection, this password must match the JMS SSL keystore password.
Username for account to run DSC Applicable to an install only, not an upgrade. Username to set up a Linux account for running the DSC services. Default: dscuser Userid (dscuser) Userid of the dscuser. The userid must be the same across all DSA components and servers in the environment. For DSU when using NFS mounted storage targets, this ID must match the anonuid configured in the NFS server. Default: 600 Viewpoint URL Hostname of the Viewpoint server.
Used only for Viewpoint authentication.
Viewpoint port Port number on the Viewpoint server. Default: 80
Used only for Viewpoint authentication.
Is CAM environment clustered Specifies whether the CAM environment is clustered (two Viewpoint servers, primary or failover). Default: no Primary URL CAM communication Primary hostname or IP address for CAM communication, which enables alert messaging. Failover CAM URL If CAM environment is clustered, failover hostname or IP address for CAM communication. CAM Communication port Port number for CAM communication, which enables alert messaging. (61616 for tcp, 61617 for ssl). Default: 61616
[DSA 16.20.51 and later] CAM currently does not support SSL so the port must be 61616.
Password for DSC repository DBS Superuser Password for the repository DBS superuser. Password for BAR DBS User Password for the BAR database user. Used for create, read, update, and delete operations on the BAR database, which contains information for operational jobs. Default: bar Unique DSC Name Nickname for this DSC. Used to differentiate this DSC from other DSCs in the portlets.
Maximum of 128 characters: alphanumeric, "-" and "."
First character must be alphanumeric (a-z, A-Z, and 0-9) only.You cannot change the name of a DSC during an upgrade.
ActiveMQ Broker URL Hostname or IP address of the machine running the ActiveMQ broker (where tdactivemq is installed), usually the DSC server. ActiveMQ Broker Port Port number on the server where the ActiveMQ broker is listening (61616 for tcp, 61617 for ssl). Default: 61616 Type of ActiveMQ Connection Type of ActiveMQ connection (tcp or ssl). If tcp is chosen, the ActiveMQ connection is validated during install. If ssl is chosen, the ActiveMQ (jms ssl) password should match the DSA REST API https password. Default: tcp
- Log off and log back in to the DSC to set the Linux environment variables.
- If you have problems, run the configure script:dscConfigure.sh
PostrequisiteGo to Installing the ClientHandler Package.