For online backups, the user can select the NoSync option. When NoSync is true, the locking process does the following:
- Submits the Archive Logging On statement for all the objects in the job plan, which will try to lock all the objects to get a consistency point.
- If DSMain cannot get the lock, it will do the following:
- Return the list of objects that had lock conflicts to DSC, and job_status_log can be used to display the objects with lock conflicts.
- Release the locks on those objects with lock conflicts, to ensure the locks are released in the event of a deadlock.
- Resubmit the lock statement for the objects with lock conflicts and wait indefinitely for the locks.