You must manually identify all database nodes, on each Windows KDC that can authenticate database users. This and subsequent procedures assume that the Windows KDC is an Active Directory server. Requirements are similar for other Windows KDC implementations, although methods may vary.
- On the Windows KDC (Active Directory server), click on .
- Right-click Computers.
- Click .
- Enter the name of the Vantage node and click Next.
There are no rules for naming a node or server because the name is tied to the IP address in the next task. However, you can use a structure such as tdExample1-1, where:
- tdExample is the system name (to differentiate among multiple systems).
- The first 1 denotes a Teradata Vantage system clique ID.
- The second 1 identifies a specific node within the clique.
- Click Finish.
Repeat this procedure for each node of each Teradata Vantage system that is served by the KDC. Maintain a list of node and system for use in subsequent tasks.