- The schema used for validating the XML instance.
- schema must be an XML type.
- The schema should be stored as an XML type value in a table with a unique identifier associated with it. When invoking this method, you can join the schema table and specify the schema by its unique identifier in the WHERE clause.
- If schema is composed of a single schema document (the schema document does not include or import another schema document), you can pass the schema document as an XML type value to this method.
- If schema consists of more than one document, then do the following:
- Use the Schema and Stylesheet Consolidation utility to consolidate the schema document.
- Pass the consolidated schema document as an XML type value to this method.
- The element name whose declaration is used for validating the XML instance.
- elemDecl must be VARCHAR(n), where the maximum supported size (n) is 256.
- The namespace of the element.
- ns must be VARCHAR(n), where the maximum supported size (n) is 256.