Publishes SQL query results in an XML format specified by the user.
The stored procedure takes the following as input arguments:
- An SQL query string
- A mapping stylesheet that will transform the results of the SQL query to the desired XML structure.
If you do not specify a mapping (you pass NULL as the Xslt argument), the procedure returns the canonical XML representation as output.
Recommendation: Use this stored procedure in the following cases:
- The size of the documents being published is small
- The use of Teradata specific instructions, like teradata_group, is not required Teradata specific instructions are ignored by XMLPUBLISH.
- You need to publish multiple documents
For other cases, use the XMLPUBLISH_STREAM stored procedure instead.
The XMLPUBLISH stored procedure is created under the user TD_SYSXML.
- EXECUTE PROCEDURE on TD_SYSXML
- SELECT privilege on the staging table
- GRANT ALL (insert/update/delete/upsert) on the target tables
The result XmlString is a string representation of the XML to be published.
- 0 indicates that the procedure executed successfully.
- -1 indicates that the procedure resulted in an error.