Download the Teradata ODBC driver for macOS from Teradata Access Portal.
Teradata recommends to use the ODBC version that matches the version of the database you connect to.
- Go to https://support.teradata.com.
- Log in.
- Download the Teradata ODBC driver for macOS from the DOWNLOADS page.
- Double click to uncompress the downloaded package downloaded_tar.gz_file. The actual file name depends on the current offering on Teradata download website.
- Navigate in the uncompressed folder to find the Teradata ODBC folder that contains the extracted file extracted_pkg_file. Right click this file, and choose the Open menu option.
- If further prompted by a new dialog box window, click the Open button to confirm. The Teradata Tools and Utilities installer window appears.
- Follow the steps in the installer window to install the software, and then close the installer window.