Once installation is complete, one or more DSNs need to be configured for first time users.
Create a System Data Source Name (DSN) in the /Library/ODBC/odbc.ini, using the GUI of Apple ODBC Administrator.
- Launch the ODBC Administrator utility in the /Applications/Utilities folder.
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Click the Add button to configure a new data source.
- If prompted to choose a driver, select the Teradata Database ODBC Driver 16.20.
In the ODBC Driver Setup for Teradata Database dialog box window, enter the following information:
Keyword Description DataSource An easy-to-recognize name for the database connection Teradata Server Info Hostname or IP address of the Advanced SQL Engine Authentication > Username Database user name Optional > Default Database
- Click OK to close the dialog box window.
- Click Apply.
Test the connection to the database:
tdxodbc -d data-source-name -u UID -p PWD
- You can define more DSNs for additional connections by repeating Step 1, and test the connections as needed by repeating Step 2.