To stop Hadoop services on a node in a cluster, follow one of these procedures:
Platform Procedure Hortonworks HDP:
- Log on to Ambari.
- Select the Hosts tab.
- Select the host you want to stop services on.
- Select .
- Log on to Cloudera Manager.
- On the Cloudera Manager Home page, select Hosts.
- From the Name list, select the node you want to stop Hadoop services on.
- Select the checkbox next to the targeted host.
- Click the Actions for Selected tab.
- Select one of the following:
- In CDH 5.4 and 5.5, Stop All Roles.
- In CDH 5.7 and later, Stop Roles on Hosts.