ROLLBACK [ WORK ] [ 'abort_message' ]
[ FROM from_clause ]
[ WHERE where_clause ]
- Text of the message to be returned when the transaction is terminated.
- A clause that is required only if the WHERE clause includes subqueries. You can code scalar subqueries as an expression within a derived table in FROM clause conditions in the same way you can specify scalar subqueries for a SELECT request. See Scalar Subqueries and Rules for Using Scalar Subqueries in ABORT Statements. However, you cannot code a derived table as a scalar subquery.
- See FROM Clause.
- A clause that introduces a conditional expression whose result must evaluate to TRUE if the transaction is to be rolled back. The expression can specify aggregate operations and scalar subqueries. For the rules and restrictions, see Scalar Subqueries and Rules for Using Scalar Subqueries in ABORT Statements.
- If the WHERE clause is omitted, termination is unconditional. See WHERE Clause.
- The WHERE condition specifies an expression whose result must evaluate to TRUE if termination is to occur. If the result is FALSE, transaction processing continues.