INITIATE PARTITION ANALYSIS
[ ON on_spec [,...] ]
FOR workload_name IN QCD_name AS result_name_tag
[ TIME LIMIT = elapsed_time ] [;]
[ database_name. | user_name. ] table_name
- Set of comma-separated table names to be considered for partitioning recommendations.
- The list can include any mixture of tables, including those that already have partitioning expressions.
- If you do not specify a table name set, the system analyzes all tables referenced in the workload that do not currently have partitioning by default.
- The maximum number of tables that can be analyzed in a given workload is 1,024.
- The name of the workload whose queries are to be analyzed.
- The name of the Query Capture Database containing the specified workload and in which the resulting row partitioning recommendations are to be stored.
- A unique name that you assign to the partitioning expression recommendation set.
- The system stores the results of the partition analysis under this name in QCD_name.
- TIME LIMIT = elapsed_time
- The maximum elapsed time in minutes that you want this partitioning expression analysis to take.
- The default value is no time limit.
- The permitted range of specified values is from 1 to 2880 minutes, for a maximum of 48 hours.
- If the partitioning expression analysis does not complete before reaching the specified time limit, the system stops the task and retains the best recommendations found up to the point when the time limit expired.
- You must specify the value for elapsed_time as an integer value.
- Note that the time limit that you specify is only an approximation because the ongoing partitioning expression analysis task only checks to see if the time has been exceeded periodically.