RESTART INDEX ANALYSIS
FOR workload_name IN QCD_name AS index_name_tag
[ CHECKPOINT checkpoint_trigger ]
[ TIME LIMIT = elapsed_time ] [;]
- Name of the workload on which index analysis is to be restarted.
- Name of the query capture database in which workload_name is found.
- Name of the index analysis to be restarted.
- A row with this name must exist in the QCD AnalysisLog or AnalysisStmts table or you cannot restart the index analysis.
- CHECKPOINT checkpoint_trigger
- Number of queries after which a checkpoint snapshot must be taken.
- The value for checkpoint_trigger must be a positive integer.
- If the value is 0, the database ignores the CHECKPOINT clause.
- If the value is greater than the total number of queries to be analyzed, the database does not take a checkpoint snapshot.
- Also see Example: Using a CHECKPOINT.
- TIME LIMIT = elapsed_time
- The maximum elapsed time in minutes that this restarted index analysis should take to complete.
- The default value is no time limit.
- The permitted range of specified values is from 1 to 2880 minutes, for a maximum of 48 hours.
- You must specify the value for elapsed_time as an integer.
- If the index analysis does not complete before reaching the specified time limit, the system stops the task and retains the best recommendations found up to the point when the time limit expired.
- Note that the time limit that you specify is only an approximation because the ongoing index analysis task only checks periodically to see if the specified time limit has been exceeded.
- See Example: Setting a TIME LIMIT on an Index Analysis.