WITH expression_1 [,...] [ BY by_expr [,...] ] ] [...]
- An introduction to the condition to be fulfilled by the SELECT statement. Specifies a summary line, such as a total, for the values in a column of the select result. expression_1 can contain one or more aggregate expressions that are applied to column values.
- You cannot include LOB columns in the WITH expression_1 list.
- You cannot include a WITH clause with NORMALIZE.
expression_2 [ ASC | DESC ]
- One or more result expressions for which expression_1 is provided. BY is valid only when used with WITH.
expression_2 can refer to an expression in the select expression list either by name or by means of a constant that specifies the numeric position of the expression in the expression list. It can also refer to a scalar subquery.
- You cannot include LOB columns in the BY expression_2 list.
- Results are to be ordered in ascending sort order.
- If the sort field is a character string, the system orders it in ascending order according to the definition of the collation sequence for the current session.
- The default order is ASC.
- Results are to be ordered in descending sort order.
- If the sort field is a character string, the system orders it in descending order according to the definition of the collation sequence for the current session.