The data files used in this example are three CSV files included in the attached zip file DataScience-Python_Datafiles.zip.
Follow the steps below to upload the files to Vantage using Teradata Studio.
See Teradata Studio™ User Guide, B035-2041 for details on how to use Teradata Studio.
Repeat these steps for all the three data files in the attachment:
- Launch the software and establish a connection to the target Vantage system.
- Navigate to the database where you want to create the three tables that are used to store the CSV data.
- Click the database name to expand the list of objects in it.
- Right click Tables in the desired target database and select .
In the Data Transfer Wizard window,
a. Use the "External File" source option that uses the Smart Load utility;
b. Click the "Launch" button.
In the Import Data window:
- Ensure the "Column Labels in First Row" button is checked.
- Specify "Comma" under .
- Specify "None" under .
- Specify "Windows OS" under . Or choose the operating system you have.
- Click "Finish" button at the bottom.
- The Table Column Data Types window displays a sample of the data and their interpreted types in the manner Teradata Studio plans to import them into the database. Use the information in the attached "Table DDL details for the data" file to make any changes as needed in this window.
- The SQL Preview window displays a preview of the table DDL based on your preceding input. Ensure this preview matches the specifications provided in the attached "Table DDL details for the data" file.
- Click "Finish".
- The data upload begins automatically. Wait until the upload is complete.
- After the upload, verify in Teradata Studio that the tables are present in the desired destination locations.