To keep most of the settings from a Meter, clone and change any settings that do not apply.
- From the ruleset toolbar, select Meters.
- Click and select Clone in the row of a Meter.
- Enter a name.
- [Optional] Enter a description.
- [Optional] Select Warning Only to have a warning message for the Meter logged by the database. The queries still run when a warning is logged.
- Select a Rule Type option.
Option Description Disable Manual Release or Abort Select Disable Manual Release or Abort to prevent Teradata Database Administrators from aborting or releasing Metered queries in the queue.
- Select Save.
- Select the Classification criteria.
- Add and Save classification criteria.
- Select the State Specific Setttings tab.
- Under the Default Settings, do one of the following
Limit Description Unlimited Under Limit, select Unlimited. Limited Under Limited, enter the limit, select the time unit from the drop-down box and then select Delay or Reject.
- [Optional] To override the default settings for a state do the following:
- Next to a state name, select
- Select Create State Specific Settings
- If you do not want to limit the queries for this state, select Unlimited under Limit.
- If you want to limit the queries for this state, enter a limit number in the box, select the time unit from the drop-down, and select either Delay or Reject.