You can configure the alert service to send alert notifications by email. Once you configure the email notification using these steps, you must also create an action set.
- From the Setup Options list, select Delivery Settings.
- From the Delivery Types list, select Email.
- In the SMTP Host box, enter the SMTP host address of the outgoing (SMTP) email server.
- Select the Enable check box.
- [Optional] Select the Use SSL check box to use Secure Sockets Layer as the transmission protocol.If you use SSL, you must also install the SMTP Host certificate using the Certificates administration portlet.
- Under Port, select one of the following:
Option Action Use default port Use the default communications port on the SMTP host for outgoing email. Enter port number Type a number in the box to use as the custom port number on the SMTP host for outgoing email.
- In Server Timeout, type the number of seconds to wait for a connection with the SMTP host before the system times out.The default is 30 seconds.
- Under Reply To, type the Email Address and Display Name to appear in alert email messages.
- Under Login, select one of the following:
Option Action Anonymous login Log in to the SMTP host anonymously. Enter credentials Type a Username and Password to log in to the SMTP host.
- Leave the Advanced (Optional Java mail) box blank.The alert service uses this box for diagnostic purposes. Type information in this box only under the guidance of a Teradata Technical Support Specialist.
- To verify your email delivery settings, type a valid email address for Test Recipient and select Test.If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears.
If the operation is successful, the alert service sends an email message to the test recipient address.
- Click Apply.
After the email configuration is completed, create an action set.