Pre-expansion workflows help you plan for system expansions by allowing you view the redistribution of objects before the resources are available. When using Teradata Database 16.20 Feature Update 2 and later, the option Create New Pre-Expansion Workflow appears in the Object Workflows tab. Only one pre-expansion workflow can be created per Teradata system.
- Click the Object Workflows tab.
- Next to Workflows, click .
- Select Create New Pre-Expansion Workflow.
- Enter a unique name for the workflow, and then click Next.The label "Pre-Expansion Workflow" is appended to the workflow name when the workflow is displayed in the Object Workflows tab and in the Workflow Details view.
- From the Object List type list, select an option and then click Next.
- Select the Workflow Options, and then click Create Workflow.
- Analyze the pre-expansion workflow to prepare for conversion to a regular workflow.