An exception is a defined set of actions to take when a threshold is exceeded. If you add multiple criteria, all must be true in order for the exception to be triggered. Only one qualification time can be specified even if multiple qualified criteria are added. If qualified criteria are specified, the exception is triggered only if all of the qualified criteria are satisfied for the duration of the qualification time. After an exception is created, additional controls in the tabs of the Exceptions view allow you to manage the exception.
- Edit or create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click Exceptions.
- From any of the tabs in the Exception view, click next to Exceptions.
- Enter a name.
- [Optional] Enter a description.
- Under Criteria, select an option from the list, click , and specify the additional required information.You can select and add multiple criteria. If you do so, all criteria must be satisfied for the exception to be triggered.
- For qualified criteria marked with *, enter a value in the Qualification Time box.
- Under Actions, select one of the following actions to be performed when the specified criteria are met:
Action Description Notification Only Sends notification and takes no other action. Abort Stops the query. Abort Selects Only Stops the query only if it is a SELECT. Change Workload to Changes the query to the workload you select from the list.
This action is unavailable for Blocked Time or Elapsed Time.
- [Optional] Under Notifications, enable any of the following options for the start or the end of the event:
Notification Description Send Alert Specifies the action to trigger. Run Program Specifies the Alerts registered programs to trigger. Post to QTable The string you enter is posted to the QTable.
- Click OK.