You can configure the alert service to deliver alert notifications to third-party management applications using SNMP. After you define the SNMP configuration using these steps, you must also create an action set.
- From the Setup Options list, select Delivery Settings.
- From the Delivery Types list, select SNMP.
- From the SNMP list, do one of the following:
- To add an SNMP configuration, select next to SNMP.
- To copy an SNMP configuration, select next to the SNMP configuration you want to copy.
- To edit an SNMP configuration, click the SNMP configuration name.
- Type a name in the Configuration Name box.
- Select the Enable check box.
- [Optional] Select Default for Alert Request Collector to make this the default configuration for SNMP requests that originate from the AlertRequest and MonitorRequest tables in the dbcmngr database.When you make this configuration the default, the alert service overwrites the previous default configuration for SNMP requests.
- Type the IP address or host name of the destination for SNMP alert notifications in the Destination box.If using TCP, update Destination to tcp:hostname:port. The port number should be taken from the snmpTrapdAddr field in the snmptrapd conf.
- Type an SNMP community name in the Community box.The default value is public.
- [Optional] You can add or remove Destination and Community pairs.
- Under Include in SNMP Trap Details, configure the information to display in the SNMP trap details. Select at least one of the check boxes. If both are selected, the SNMP trap details include a description (the conditions that triggered an alert) followed by the message.
- Select Alert message to include the message in the SNMP Trap details. For Monitored Systems alerts, this message is composed when defining the alert rules.
- Select Alert Conditions to display the conditions that triggered the alert in the SNMP trap details.
- [Optional] To test the SNMP trap:
- Select a Management Information Base (MIB) from the Test SNMP Trap list.The following table provides information on the MIB location and OID for the alert service and Ecosystem Manager.
Provider MIB Location OID Alert Service /opt/teradata/cam/alert/config/teradataCamMib.txt on the Teradata Viewpoint server iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.teradata.td-products.tdcam Ecosystem Manager /opt/teradata/emserver/conf/Teradata-TMSM-MIB1.txt iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.teradata.td-products.tmsm.dualActive
- Select Test to verify the SNMP configuration on the specified destination host or hosts.If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. Verify the settings are correct and try again.
If the operation is successful, the alert service sends an SNMP trap (notification) to each specified destination. Verify the SNMP trap is received at each destination.
- Select a Management Information Base (MIB) from the Test SNMP Trap list.
- Click Apply.
After the SNMP configuration is completed, create an action set.