- State Filter Bar
- Displays a count of the sessions in each state. Click any state in the bar to show only the sessions running a query in the selected state.
- Top 5 Queries
- Displays the top five queries on a Teradata Database system in the following categories:
- Highest Request CPU displays the top five queries with the highest request CPU seconds consumed in running the query.
- Highest CPU Skew Overhead displays the top five queries that have the highest request CPU skew (applies to Teradata Database 15.10 and later and SLES 10 and 11).
Highest CPU Skew Overhead is calculated as the Impact CPU minus the Request CPU. It is the difference between how much CPU the query effectively consumed, based on how parallel it was executed, versus how much CPU the request actually consumed. It is a measure of skew for a query, measured over the lifetime of the query. For example, a value of 0 means the query was not skewed. A higher number means the query was both skewed and consumed higher amounts of system resources.
- Longest Duration displays the top five queries that have been running the longest.
- Longest Delayed displays the top five queries currently in the delay queue that have been waiting the longest time to run.
For Teradata Database systems, you can set thresholds for each of the categories to control which queries are highlighted in the Top 5 Queries view. For information on setting thresholds, see Setting Thresholds for Top 5 Queries.
The bar graphs allow you to visually compare one query to another query within each category in the Top 5 Queries view. A vertical white line represents the threshold value. Queries exceeding the threshold display a red bar graph. Queries not exceeding the threshold, or if no thresholds are set, display a blue bar graph.
- A green icon displays next to the heading to indicate no thresholds have been exceeded and all queries are in a healthy state.
- A red icon displays next to the heading and the metric and bar graph are highlighted in red to visually emphasize when at least one query exceeds a threshold. If you click the query row, details display for the query that exceeded a threshold.
- No icon displays if no thresholds are set.