Use the shared portlets feature to customize a Teradata Viewpoint portlet and make it available to other users.
The Teradata Viewpoint Administrator can use Portlet Library to edit the shared portlet description after it has been created and approved.
Teradata Viewpoint Administration portlets cannot be shared and the following portlets cannot be shared:
- Application Queries
- Data Mover
- Elastic Performance
- Hadoop Services
- Performance Data Collection
- Query Log
- SQL Scratchpad
- Stats Manager
- Viewpoint Calendar
- Workload Designer
- Add a portlet instance that you want to share to your portal page.
- Click in the portlet frame and select Settings.
- Customize the portlet using the available settings.
- Click OK to save the settings.
- Click and select Share.
- Enter a name up to 25 characters.
- Enter a description.
- Click Submit.
- [Optional] To make the shared portlet available to the user in the Add Content screen, do one of the following:
- In Portlet Library, make sure the portlet has been enabled.
- In the General portlet, make sure the Enable newly created shared portlets check box is selected.