If you are using SLES 11, you can designate that a delay be enforced so query responses are not returned sooner than an amount of time you specify. This option enables you to provide consistency and set users' expectations about when they will receive query results.
Held query responses do not count against throttle limits.
- Edit or create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click Workloads.
- Select or create a workload.
- Click the Hold Query Responses tab.
- Select one of the following options under Default Settings for the Always planned environment.
Option Description Do not hold query responses Return query responses as soon as they are available. Hold responses Prevent query responses from being returned before the specified number of seconds elapses.
- [Optional] Click another planned environment and designate the appropriate query response settings.
- Click Save.