This topic lists major enhancements made to the Teradata Tools and Utilities suite of products. The enhancements include support for Vantage features and Teradata Tools and Utilities-specific improvements.
Not all new Vantage enhancements require modifications to TTU products. Under the Product Information section, the Enhancements section for each product lists the enhancements for that product. If a new database feature is not listed, then it means that the TTU product implicitly supports the feature.
- New Teradata Vantage features
- Native Object Store (NOS)
- Federated Authentication/SSO – Teradata JDBC Driver, ODBC Driver for Teradata, .NET Data Provider
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 support – CLIv2, Teradata JDBC Driver, ODBC Driver for Teradata, .NET Data Provider
- R, Python drivers
- FastLoad feature support
- .NET Data Provider
- Teradata Entity Framework Core Provider release supports Entity Framework Core 3.1
- Teradata Access Modules
- The Teradata Azure BlobStorage Access Module supports multiple TPT DataConnector instances.
- The Teradata Kafka Access Module supports multiple TPT DataConnector instances.
- The Teradata JMS Access Module provides the "FollowTheMaster" option specific to SoftwareAG JMS Server.
- The Teradata OLE DB Access Module provides an option not to propagate constraints while creating a destination table during the copy job.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 support via ConnectString attribute
- Standalone Utilities (FastLoad, FastExport, MultiLoad, TPump)
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 support via ConnectString command
- Teradata ICU
- Teradata ICU TDICU uses the ICU 65.1 version on the AIX platform.
- TTU Software Packaging and Install Updates
- Compiler version update – The AIX compiler is now IBM XL C/C++ for AIX, V16.1.0.
- Apple macOS - Signed binaries and notarization of applications
- BTEQ, Standalone Utilities (FastLoad, FastExport, MultiLoad, TPump) and various Access Modules support 64-bit software-only packages
- TTU Database Management software products are now included in TTU base release bundle
There are no known issues for this release.