STOP FORCE initiates the following events:
- The following message is displayed in response to STOP FORCE:
DCI0208 ENTRYNAME: tdpid STOP FORCE PROCEEDING
IF the option is initiated . . . THEN . . . from a terminal DAFC next releases the terminal and attaches to a non-terminal related transaction to complete the stop force process. implicitly the stop force process completes.
- Applications abend with an AEY9 abend code if they attempt to start a new logical unit of work.
- A 10-second timer starts to allow for the completion of the last in-flight unit of work.
- Task-related user exits disable.
- Applications abend with an abend code of ASP7 when any transactions still in flight at this time reach syncpoint.
- The following messages display, depending on whether there were in-flight units of work or not.
IF there were . . . THEN this message displays on the operator console and is written to the Transient Data Queue CSMT . . . no in-flight units of work at the completion of the stop force process
DCI0206 ENTRYNAME: tdpid, STATUS: STOPPED
in-flight units of work at the completion of the stop force process
DCI0206 ENTRYNAME: tdpid, STATUS: STOPPED, IN-FLIGHT LUW:nnn
- An authorized terminal operator can verify the status of the connection using the DAFC STATUS option.