STDDEV_SAMP ( [ DISTINCT | ALL ] value_expression )
- Exclude duplicates of value_expression from the computation.
- All values of value_expression that are not null, including duplicates, are included in the computation.
- A numeric literal or column expression whose sample standard deviation is to be computed.
- The value_expression cannot be a reference to a view column derived from a function, and cannot contain any ordered analytical or aggregate functions.
This function returns the REAL data type.
- If the value_expression is character, the format is the default format for FLOAT.
- If the value_expression is numeric, date, or interval, the format is the same format as x.
- If the value_expression is UDT, the format is the format for the data type to which the UDT is implicitly cast.