You can add mainframe connectivity either during or after you deploy a Teradata ecosystem to allow data transfer between your mainframe and Vantage in the public cloud. You can also remove mainframe connectivity at any time.
- A maximum of two mainframe PEs per node are added on a system and the same number of mainframe PEs are evenly added on each node.
- If you are scaling out when connected to a mainframe, the same number of mainframe PEs are automatically configured on the newly added nodes.
- If you are scaling in when connected to a mainframe, the mainframe PEs are removed along with the nodes.
- No UDA™ applications are affected by the mainframe connectivity. There are no changes to COP PEs.
- If a node failure occurs when connected to a mainframe, the node failure recovery process copies the entire configuration of a healthy node to the replacement node, including mainframe configurations.
- If you use the VprocManager utility, the mainframe host ID is 100 for the first network and 200 for the second network. The host type is IBM.
To add mainframe connectivity, see the instructions in the table below.
|To connect at launch||Deploying a Software Ecosystem from a Solution Template|
|To connect after launch||Adding and Removing Mainframe Connectivity|