Teradata provides an automated bundle that installs 104 of the most commonly used R packages and all of the associated R and OS dependencies. Teradata recommends the use of the installer included in the bundle for installing this bundle. The bundle (including R packages, all of the associated R and OS dependencies, the installer and associated documentation) can be downloaded from https://aster-community.teradata.com/groups/aster-client-advisory-board/blog/2016/02/05/automated-r-package-installer-available-for-aster-cluster.
Installation instructions are included in the downloaded bundle, but are provided here for convenience.
This procedure automatically takes care of synchronizing the worker nodes with the queen node after installing the packages. It is not necessary to issue a separate synchronization command.
- Download the RPackagesBundle_<ReleaseVersion>.tar.gz.
- Copy the downloaded file to the /var/opt/teradata/ directory on the queen node.
- Log in to the queen node as root.
- Change to the /var/opt/teradata directory. cd /var/opt/teradata/
- Unzip the tarball: tar -xvf RPackagesBundle_<ReleaseVersion>.tar.gz
- Change to the RPackagesBundle directory: cd RPackagesBundle
- Run the install.sh script to install R packages: ./install.sh