All Teradata nodes require a network connection to the Teradata ActiveMQ (TDAMQ) server. The startup listener DSMAIN process runs on the node with the lowest online vproc number and does not start if the TDAMQ server cannot be reached.
If a Teradata system is not on the same network domain as the TDAMQ server, you must update the hosts file with the TDAMQ server IP address.
- [SQL Engine / Teradata Database 16.0 and later] If you have multiple DSCs, get the list of ActiveMQ servers:
- Log on to the database system using bteq.
- Issue this command to get a list of the DSCs and their associated ActiveMQ server:select cast(activemqserver as char(30)), cast(dscname as char(30)) from sysbar.dsaconnectionstbl;
- On every node, run ping TDAMQservername to check the connection to the TDAMQ server. Every node must be able to ping the TDAMQ server.
- If DSMAIN did not start, go to the node with the lowest online RSG vproc number, and look at the startup listener log in /var/opt/teradata/tdtemp/bar for a message to troubleshoot the problem.The startup listener log uses the format BARLog_rsgno_40.txt where rsgno is the lowest RSG vproc number, such as BARLog_26621_40.txt.As of SQL Engine 16.20 and Teradata Database 184.108.40.206, 15.10.04.04 and 16.0, the startup listener log has changed from BARLog_rsgno_15.txt to BARLog_rsgno_40.txt.