BYNET V5 Network Topology for a Maximum 162-Node System
- Consists of one or more 2750 processing/storage cabinets, a VMS with SWS VM or a Service Workstation (SWS), plus additional (optional) Platform Framework Cabinets.
- Scalable from 1 to 162 total processing nodes (TPA nodes), channel servers (non-TPA nodes), NCSs, TMSs, and TMSSs in any combination.
- Two BYNET V5 cabinets provide redundant BYNET V5 networks (Network-0 and Network-1). Each cabinet contains one 162-port BYNET V5 switch.
- Each 162-port BYNET V5 switch contains from 2 to 9 line boards. Each line board supports up to 18 processing nodes, channel servers, NCSs, TMSs, and TMSSs.
- Each processing node, channel server, or NCS contains a dual port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the BYNET V5 switch in each BYNET V5 cabinet. A TMS or TMSSmay contain a dual port InfiniBand adapter that connects to the switches.
- Individual optical InfiniBand cables are used to connect processing nodes, channel servers, NCSs, TMSs, and TMSSs in expansion cabinets, or channel servers, NCSs, TMSs, and TMSSs in (optional) Platform Framework Cabinets, to the BYNET V5 switches in each BYNET V5 cabinet.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide.