- Connect to the vCenter server where you want to deploy Viewpoint using the vSphere Client (the server where the ova file is downloaded).
- On the Home tab, under Inventories, select Hosts and Clusters.
- In the Navigator pane, right-click a host and select Deploy OVF Template.
Select Select an OVF Template and then:
- Select the Local file method.
- Click Choose Files and browse to the .ova file in the folder you created when you downloaded the file.
- Click Next in the next two windows, then click Finish.
- In the Navigator pane, right-click the VM and select .
Once the VM instance is running, login to the network using SSH and the following credentials:
linux login: rootPassword: iumb123The IP address is displayed on the Summary screen of the vSphere client.The root logon through the vSphere client is disabled by default.
- [Optional] Run -echo "tty1" >> /etc/securetty to enable the root logon through the console.
After login, configure the network:
- Run the #yast command.
Under Global Options, make the following selections:
- Network Setup Method: Traditional Method with ifup
- IPv6 Protocol Settings: Enable IPv6
- DHCP Client Options: Change Default Route via DHCP
- Select Overview, then select Edit, and update the IP address.
- Select Host Name/DNS, then update the Hostname, Domain Name, Name Servers, and Domain Search URLs.
- Select Routing, and add the Default Gateway.
Restart the postgres and Viewpoint services by entering the following:
/etc/init.d/ postgres restart/opt/teradata/viewpoint/bin/ vp-control restart
Run the /opt/teradata/viewpoint/bin/
vp-control.sh status command to verify all Viewpoint services are running:
[Viewpoint 16.20.00.03 or later]
./vp-control.sh status Thu Sep 12 23:21:54 CDT 2019 Checking the status of all Teradata Viewpoint services. Checking for Teradata ActiveMQ: running Checking for Teradata Alert Service: running Checking for TMSMonitor: running Checking for DCS: running Checking for Viewpoint: running Checking for PostgreSQL 9.4.19: running
[Viewpoint 16.50.00.00 or later]
/opt/teradata/viewpoint/dcs/bin # ./vp-control.sh status Tue Jan 21 13:00:03 PST 2020 Checking the status of all Teradata Viewpoint services. Using custom tdactivemq configuration: xbean:/opt/teradata/tdactivemq/config/td-activemq-static-network-broker.xml Checking for Teradata ActiveMQ: running Checking for Teradata Alert Service: running Checking for TMSMonitor: running Checking for DCS: running Checking for Viewpoint: running Checking for PostgreSQL 10.10: running