Before installing Teradata Notification Service, verify the following:
- Teradata Viewpoint server is set up and running.
- Alert Services are running on the Viewpoint Server.
- You have the hostname or IP address of the Teradata Viewpoint server.
- You have installed a 64-bit Java Runtime Environment.
- The JAVA_HOME environment variable is defined in the default profile so that once the software is installed, the service is able to locate the Java Runtime Environment.
If installing version 16.20.23.02 or later, use Java Runtime Environment 8.
Perform the steps below the change this system setting.
- Log on as root.
Edit /etc/profile.local by adding a line to define JAVA_HOME where you have installed the JRE.
For example, if you have installed the Java Runtime Environment in /home/jre7 type:
Source the updated file to pick up the JAVA_HOME definition.