The xx represents the version of the software you are installing or upgrading.
- Download the software from the Teradata Software Server, as explained in Downloading the Teradata Alerts Notification Software.
- Copy the zip file teradatacam__Windows_i386.16.50.xx.xx.zip (for 16.50) or teradatacam__Windows_i386.16.20.xx.xx.zip (for 16.20) to the server where the installation or upgrade will be performed.
- Browse to the directory and folder containing the zip file.
Extract the zip file.
This creates a folder called teradatacam__Windows_i386.16.50.xx.xx (for 16.50) or teradatacam__Windows_i386.16.20.xx.xx (for 16.20) in the current directory.
- Browse to the teradatacam__Windows_i386.16.50.xx.xx (for 16.50) or teradatacam__Windows_i386.16.20.xx.xx (for 16.20) folder.
- Click setup.exe.
- Select the setup language, and click OK.
Follow the Install Shield wizard instructions and do the following:
- Accept the license agreement.
- [Optional] Change the destination folder.
Specify the system name of the Teradata Viewpoint server.
This can be the hostname defined by DNS or an IP address.
- Click Install.
- Select Start the Teradata Notification Service now.
The software is installed at drive:\Program Files (x86)\Teradata\Client\16.20\Teradata Notification Service