You can add additional servers to a cluster to support more end users.
Run the following command on the server that is currently hosting the active cache database:
Select option 2 to add a server to the cluster.
The cluster setup tool performs the following actions:
- Asks a few simple questions about what hosts to add to the cluster
- Verifies that the software versions and times on the new servers match
- Stops all the Teradata Viewpoint services in the cluster
- Configures Teradata Viewpoint and Teradata Alerts with information about the new servers
- Restarts all Teradata Viewpoint services in the cluster
The server is added when the script completes, and you are prompted to configure the new server for clustering.