The directories where you placed the BTEQ scripts and programs are scanned periodically by the Teradata Notification Service while the service is running. If changes are detected to the directories, the updated directory contents are relayed to the alert service, which updates the Teradata Alerts repository on the Viewpoint server. The alert service must be running on the Viewpoint server in order for updates to be visible on the Viewpoint server.
- For 16.50:
- /opt/teradata/client/16.50/cam/tdnotification/sql -> /opt/teradata/client/cam/sql
- /opt/teradata/client/16.50/cam/tdnotification/usrcmd -> /opt/teradata/client/cam/usrcmd
- For 16.20:
- /opt/teradata/client/16.20/cam/tdnotification/sql -> /opt/teradata/client/cam/sql
- /opt/teradata/client/16.20/cam/tdnotification/usrcmd -> /opt/teradata/client/cam/usrcmd
- Log on to the server as the root user.
Place the BTEQ scripts in:
- Make sure the BTEQ scripts have at least 744 file permissions and are owned by the service user account.
Place the programs you want to run in:
- Make sure the programs have at least 755 file permissions and are owned by the service user account.