When you have a new Teradata system, you must migrate the data labs metadata associated with the original Teradata system to the new Teradata system. After completing this procedure, all existing lab groups for the original system appear under the new system in the Data Labs portlet, and all currently pending requests and future requests are performed against the new system. The lab groups that are migrated no longer appear in the Data Labs portlet for the original system.
- Transfer data from the old Teradata system to the new Teradata system, including lab group users, lab databases, and lab group roles.
From the Monitored Systems portlet, do the following:
- Verify both the old and new Teradata systems are present in the Monitored Systems portlet.
- Verify both systems are enabled.
- Verify the Dictionary collector is enabled for both systems.
Type the following command to shut down the DCS from the active cache database server:
Run the dcsadmin command from the active cache database server:
- Type help to verify the migratedatalabssystem command is available.
- Run the migratedatalabssystem command.
- Select a source system (original system).
- Select a target system (new system).
- Verify output to make sure the migration was successful.
Type the following command to start the DCS from the active cache database server:
/etc/init.d/dcs startThe migration is ready to be validated.
From the Data Labs portlet, make sure the migration completed successfully by doing the following:
- Verify the new system has all the data labs data that was on the original system. Also verify any pending Data Lab approvals migrated successfully.
- Verify the original system does not have any data labs configured.