- Connect to Teradata Viewpoint instance through SSH. For example: ssh <user>@<ip>
- Run the command sudo su -
- Stop Teradata Viewpoint service if it has started using the command service viewpoint stop
Install PingFederate certificate in the Viewpoint Keystore
- Go to cd /opt/teradata/viewpoint/bin
- Locate the file ./downloadAndInstallCert.sh [hostname] [hostport] <alias> [aliasname] - (e.g ./downloadAndInstallCert.sh login.qacustomer.teradata.com 443 pingcert), to install the PingFederate certificate in the Viewpoint keystore and establish a secure communication between both Viewpoint and PingFederate Systems
Edit the identityProvider.properties and provide the PingFed details.
- Go to cd /etc/opt/teradata/viewpoint/
- Edit identityProvider.properties and change properties as shown in the image:
- Use the command service viewpoint start to start Teradata Viewpoint service
- Check for The integration with identity provider is completed log message in /var/opt/teradata/viewpoint/portal/logs/viewpoint.logThis log message indicates that PingFederate is successfully configured.
- For a clustered environment, repeat these steps on standby host.
- To configure an already clustered environment, restart Viewpoint on all clustered hosts.