Teradata Data Lab can be configured to use Unity's high availability capabilities so that users can continue to work with their labs even if one of their Teradata systems is unavailable.
- Transfer data, including lab group users, lab databases, and lab group roles, from the preexisting Teradata systems to Teradata systems managed by the Unity cluster.
From the Monitored Systems portlet, do the following:
- Verify that both the preexisting and new Unity-managed Teradata systems are present in the Monitored Systems portlet.
- Verify that both systems are enabled.
- Verify that the Dictionary collector is enabled for both systems.
Type the following command to shut down the DCS from the active cache database server:
Run the dcsadmin command from the active cache database server:
- Type help to verify the migratedatalabssystem command is available.
- Run the migratedatalabssystem command.
- Select a source system (original system).
- Select a target system (new Unity-managed Teradata system).
- Verify that output to make sure the migration was successful.
Type the following command to start the DCS from the active cache database server:
/etc/init.d/dcs startThe migration is ready to be validated.
From the Data Labs portlet, make sure the migration completed successfully by doing the following:
- Verify the new Unity-managed Teradata systems have all the data labs data that was on the original systems. Also verify any pending Data Lab approvals migrated successfully.
- Verify the original systems do not have any data labs configured.