If a backdown procedure is required, see Verifying the Previous Database Backup.
Make sure the following conditions have been met:
- Teradata Viewpoint server is running.
- You have a CERTLIST of the Viewpoint packages and their dependencies.
- The target PUT version is available.
- From a console window, SSH into the server.
Create a directory to upload Viewpoint packages and dependencies.
/var/opt/teradata/customermodepkgs is the default for the install scripts and RPMs.
- Upload the Viewpoint packages and their dependencies to the new directory.
If necessary, install PUT:
- Obtain PUT from the TSS.
- Install PUT, using the rpm-ivh or rpm-Uvh command (-U:upgrade).
Using the Viewpoint server root credential (http://ViewpointServerAddress:8443), log on to PUT.
The PUT screen appears.Do not enter your QuickLook ID.
- Select Install / upgrade and click Enter.
- When PUT is running in Customer mode confirmation appears, click Next.
- Verify package selection and location (/var/opt/teradata/customermodepkgs)
- Click Finish.
- Verify the packages installed without errors and that TDPUT has removed all temporary files.
- SSH into the Viewpoint server, and verify the Viewpoint services started successfully.
Tail the Viewpoint log:
tail –f /opt/teradata/viewpoint/portal/logs/viewpoint.log
- Using an Admin userID, log into the Viewpoint portal.
- Verify each of the Admin portlets loads and displays successfully without errors.
- Load the Add Contents page.
- Verify the installed portlets are listed.
- Verify the installed portlets loads and displays successfully without errors.