The delete_job command deletes the specified job from the daemon. If an instance of a job is specified, that job instance is deleted. Before the job instance is deleted, a cleanup is performed, if required. If a job definition is specified, all job instances are deleted, but not the job definition itself. Before all job instances are deleted, a cleanup is performed on the last job instance, if required. There is also a parameter, all, to delete the job definition and all job instances.
See Parameter Order.
- [Optional] Deletes job definition and all job instances.
- [Optional] Enter a Data Mover REST server URL to overwrite the default value specified in the commandline.properties file in order to connect to a different REST server (and therefore a different daemon) at runtime.
- Name of the job to be deleted.
- Example: 12315DFHJKS
- [Optional] Password for the super user or authorized Viewpoint user.
- Example: 53cUr17y
- Required if security management is enabled on the Data Mover daemon. Not a valid parameter if -security_password_encrypted is also specified.
- [Optional] Encrypted password for the super user.
- Example: 052c7aabd14c7770141ac3c0137ab98ae0d3f0f7cddf588981206b010c0c1b2f
- Required if security management is enabled on the Data Mover daemon. Not a valid parameter if -security_password is also specified.
- [Optional] User ID of the super user or authorized Viewpoint user. The user ID of the super user is dmcl_admin and cannot be changed.
- Required if security management is enabled on the Data Mover daemon.
- [Optional] Skips the prompt that confirms deletion.
XML File Example
For the delete_job command, type datamove delete_job -f parameters.xml.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <dmDeleteJob xmlns="http://schemas.teradata.com/dataMover/v2009" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://schemas.teradata.com/unity/datamover.xsd"> <job_name>dmdev_to_floyd-Tue_Aug_25_06:15:56_EDT_2009</job_name> <all>true</all> <skip_prompt>true</skip_prompt> </dmDeleteJob>