When a server no longer is needed as an active server, the entire synchronization service can be dropped. Before performing this process, you must know all the servers which are connecting the active server that is being dropped.
- On the active server, go to cd /opt/teradata/datamover/sync/nn.nn.Where nn.nn in the path refers to the version numbers of Data Mover.
- Run ./dmsync dropconfig.
- At the prompt, select the following option:
Drop replicaton on this active repository server
- Respond to the following prompts:
Prompt Description Enter remote standby host name Enter the standby server name. Enter the database super user postgres password on standby repository Enter the Postgres user password on the standby server. Do you need to drop replication for another standby repository? [y or n]:
- Enter y if more than one standby server needs to be dropped.
- Enter n if no more standby servers need to be dropped.