The following applies when copying an entire database:
- You can copy all tables and views from a source to a target database using Teradata DSA.
- If copying a table that already exists on the target, the target table is overwritten. If the target database contains tables that do not exist on the source or the tables are not being copied, those tables are maintained on the target. The exception is when using DSA to copy data to a target database with a version earlier than 16.20, in that scenario the tables are deleted.
- DSA automatically copies statistics collected on all tables in the source database to the target database.
- Open the parameters.xml file that has the job definition information for the job.
- Add the selection="included" attribute to the database element.
In the following example, all objects in the source database DBName are copied to the target:
<database selection="included"> <name>DBName</name> </database>